This right here….. is AMAZING! Honestly can’t think of another word to describe it. A friend of ours tagged me in a recipe on Facebook and joked that I needed to make it for him and the hubs. I LOVE jalapeño popper, the ones with cream cheese in it not cheddar. I can not stand the ones with cheddar and I’m not sure why cause I do like cheddar cheese…. normally.
The other day I got all the ingredients or so I thought. Got home from a workout last night and thought ” Damn, that sounds awesome today.” So I went about getting ingredients and realized I did not have a key piece of the recipe (sour cream). Having just got home from town, the hubs and myself were extremely irritated. The hubs more than I since he left shortly after to go to town. (He just really wanted this dip.) I went about making the boys their dinner (mac-n-cheese) and getting everything ready for this dip so when the hubs returned liked a knight in shinning armor, I could put the dip in the oven and roll.
He returned with the sour cream, he had also picked up a loaf of french bread because he thought it sounded good if it was baked a little for the dip. What he didn’t know was it sounded freaking AMAZING. So, I finished it and baked it for the allotted time and couldn’t wait to dig in. And I burnt my tongue in my hurry. 🙂 LOL (I was in a hurry okay…. don’t judge.)
My hope is that you try the recipe and fall in love as I have. Even the boys liked it. Enjoy it!!!
Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 4 oz can of jalapeño slices ( cut into smaller pieces, sautéed in olive oil)
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened (room temperature)
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder (more if desired)
- 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Cup bread crumbs
- 4 Tbls melted butter
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbls parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- With mixer on medium, combine cream cheese, garlic powder and sour cream until fluffy.
- Add cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup parmesan cheese and diced jalapeños, mix well.
- Spread into an 8×8 baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, melted butter, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until hot and breadcrumbs are golden brown.
We used toasted french bread slices and Ritz crackers to eat it with. I do recommend the french bread and in no way is this recipe healthy, it’s just delicious and a great snack to have at say football viewing parties or cook outs.